Accredited by NEASC
Staff / Full-Time
Lincoln Academy, Newcastle, ME
Lincoln Academy is seeking a Library Assistant for April 3 – June 10th, with the potential to continue for the 2022-23 school year.
The Library Assistant supports the Director of Library Services in the daily operations of a vibrant, busy and flexible library program and space. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic advocates of teen learners and passionate about providing a welcoming, inclusive space for all members of the LA community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the Director of Library Service’s direction to maintain a vibrant library program centered on student needs and the instructional goals of the school.
- Assists in maintaining the library as a well-organized, friendly, and pleasant environment for students and staff.
- Assists in maintaining the online public access catalog (OPAC) and circulation records and performs circulation duties.
- Performs book, periodical and other media processing, repair and shelving.
- Promotes reading and information literacy with students and staff and assists students in the selection of books and other learning resources.
- Guides students and staff in the appropriate use of technology to meet their information needs.
- Engages with individuals and groups of students to support them in their academic, social and emotional well-being and success.
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary training related to job responsibilities, preferably in an Information and Library Services program or educator preparation program.
- Demonstrates a sincere interest and aptitude for working with high school students in a school library setting (an atmosphere where interruptions occur frequently and priorities are often modified).
- Knowledgeable and/or excited to learn about young adult literature and professional library techniques, systems, and tools.
- Comfortable with technology and learning new computer skills and willing to upgrade skills as requested and required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work positively and diplomatically with all types of students and faculty members.
- Demonstrates evidence of good habits in job attendance and punctuality.
- Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time, lift, move, climb, crouch, bend, kneel, and shelve books and other library materials and equipment.
Day, Boarding, Residential