The Winsor School, Boston, MA
The School seeks a part-time library assistant. The successful candidate will demonstrate patience, flexibility, and dependability, as well as have strong multi-tasking and self-starter skills. Experience working with 5th-12th graders, experience in libraries, or interest in librarianship as a career is highly desirable. The candidate should be comfortable working in a bustling library environment. This is a 10-month position for 16 hours per week. The library assistant will work full days on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The library assistant’s duties include:
- operating the circulation desk,
- paying library bills and maintaining bill records, together with the director who oversees the budget,
- supervising students in the library and enforcing library policies, as well as providing library coverage when the librarians are not on site,
- collection maintenance, including weeding out-of-date library materials, inventory, and shelving books,
- processing new books and repairing book damages,
- ordering and maintaining a stock of library supplies,
- performing other library-related duties as assigned by the director
- BA degree preferred,
- demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work,
- computer skills, including proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and library databases
- a genuine commitment to building relationships with students and colleagues,
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail,
- the ability to work independently,
- excellent oral and written communication skills,
- the ability to work collaboratively,
- a good sense of humor
- Requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, and reaching as well as carrying and occasionally lifting up to 30 lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, visit https://www.winsor.edu/about/careers-at-winsor/open-positions and submit an application for employment.