Library Aide (Anticipated 2023-2024 position)
Fryeburg Academy, Fryeburg, ME
Fryeburg Academy, a 625-student day and boarding high school in Western Maine and the Mount Washington Valley, seeks a library aide beginning late August 2023. The library aide acts as assistant to the library director, carrying out all duties, tasks and responsibilities of the library’s daily functions, as well as long term projects. The hours for this part-time position are 10am – 5pm, Monday -Thursday, and 10am-3pm on Friday.
Preference will be given to candidates with library coursework experience. A library science major would be ideal.
Κnowledge, Skills, Dispositions
- A strong belief in independent education, and particularly the mission of Fryeburg Academy
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Data maintenance and word processing competency
- Ability to learn library procedures and standards
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A willingness to work with high school students of all backgrounds and abilities
- A sense of humor and a creative streak are also handy
Qualifying Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree required; library science major preferred.
All Fryeburg Academy employees are subject to Maine Dept. of Education Criminal History Record check.
Fryeburg Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an application, letter of interest, résumé, college transcripts, and three references. Fryeburg Academy’s application can be accessed by either visiting the employment page of Fryeburg Academy’s website or by requesting one from the Business Office. Application documents can be emailed to Erin Wentworth, Human Resources Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).