Lead Teacher, Early Learning Center
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Beginning August 2022
The Early Learning Center at Fay School (ELC) seeks an experienced, dynamic, and flexible early childhood educator to engage children ages 2 years nine months through 5 years in developmentally appropriate lessons and activities in this high-quality program. Lead Teachers work closely with Assistant Teachers, Teachers’ Aides, and the Assistant Director, and are responsible for providing and maintaining a nurturing, consistent environment that meets the children’s cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs. This is a full-time, 10-month position and is eligible for benefits.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of classroom experience in an early childhood program. A Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Psychology and/or Early Childhood Education is required; supervisory experience is preferred. Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working in a shared and cooperative environment. The ELC seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity of the Fay School community.
- Supporting the mission, philosophy, and core values of the ELC
- Planning and implementing educational activities and experiences
- Conducting child observations and developmental assessments
- Preparing lesson plans
- Preparing reports and portfolios
- Conducting conferences with parents
- Supervising the classroom team of assistants and aides
- Maintaining strong partnerships with families
- Preparing and maintaining a classroom environment that supports inquiry and discovery
- Assuring a safe and secure environment
- Engaging in ongoing professional development through attendance at conferences and participation in early childhood courses
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “ELC Lead Teacher” to email@example.com.
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.