Lead Residential Summer Camp Counselor
Stoneleigh-Burnham School, Greenfield, MA
Stoneleigh-Burnham School, an independent girls’ boarding and day school for grades 7-12,
seeks a lead summer camp residential counselor.
Located in the Pioneer Valley, a short drive from the Five College Consortium (UMass Amherst,
Smith, Mount Holyoke, Hampshire and Amherst College), Stoneleigh-Burnham School is the
only girls’ school in New England to offer the IB Diploma Programme and attracts students from
the local area and around the world. Our mission centers around helping our students discover
and use their authentic voices. Employees who thrive at SBS are collaborative and dynamic
colleagues excited by professional growth, are deeply passionate about education, and are
committed to fostering an inclusive community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as an integral member of the residential summer camp program team
- Plans and leads all activities for weekend, evening, and free period times for campers
- Supervise and participate in the following tasks: supervision of campers, administering
behavior protocol as directed, administering all medical protocol as directed, verbal and
physical assistance, and completes all other tasks as directed
- Drives campers in School Vehicle to off campus activities
- Assist in the care, cleanliness, and security of the facility used by campers during the
- Monitors safety of all aspects of the program and campers, including but not limited to
COVID precautions as set forth by the Stoneleigh-Burnham school
- Communicates all pertinent issues affecting the programs to the Director of Auxiliary
Programs (i.e. staff/client/parent/ transportation issues and concerns, etc.), in a timely
- Participate in all required trainings and certifications in compliance with the
- Communicate clearly, honestly and respectfully with staff, campers, parents and
- Create a nurturing, positive and professional environment while promoting program
policies and procedures amongst staff, volunteers and community
Contact information and resume should be sent to:
Summer Program Director
In order to achieve our mission of preparing students to actively engage a diverse and inclusive
world we must first emulate the values we hope to instill in our students. Stoneleigh-Burnham is
committed to increasing the diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences — of our faculty,
staff, and student community.
Stoneleigh-Burnham strives to hire and support an inclusive community of employees;
candidates from communities that are statistically and systemically underrepresented in
independent schools are encouraged to apply. Stoneleigh-Burnham School is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an academic community that fosters an international perspective.
We inspire girls to pursue meaningful lives based on honor, respect, and intellectual curiosity.
Each student is challenged to discover her best self and graduate with confidence to think
independently and act ethically, secure in the knowledge that her voice will be heard.
To learn more about Stoneleigh-Burnham School, please visit our website: sbschool.org