Latin Teacher, Middle School
Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Position Available: Glen Urquhart School
Latin Teacher, Middle School
For 2022-2023 school year
About Us: Glen Urquhart School (GUS), is an independent, coeducational day school for students in Pre-K through grade eight. Located 45 minutes north of Boston in Beverly Farms, GUS was founded in 1977 with an experiential, place-based philosophy that integrates all subjects and creates opportunities for students to be passionate in their pursuit of knowledge.
Description: We seek a dynamic and flexible individual who loves teaching and understands how to engage middle school students in the acquisition of a world language. Building on Glen Urquhart’s existing world languages program, this teacher will teach courses in our Upper School, which consists of grades 5-8. The GUS curriculum is thematic and interdisciplinary, and the School’s world language program is culture-based and emphasizes language, both spoken and written. This approach requires collaboration across grades and academic disciplines. to ensure the continuance for building upon a culturally-relevant, and intentionally diverse, equitable, inclusive, and justice-oriented curriculum. This is a full time position.
As an independent day school, we expect teachers to become involved in the life of the school. Beyond classroom work, teachers attend weekly morning meetings, school functions, and community events.
Key Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the mission, philosophy, and core values of the School
- Demonstrating academic excellence through a working knowledge of GUS’s core curriculum
- Delivering appropriate materials, lessons, and regular assessments of students in grades 6, 7, & 8 using a variety of teaching strategies
- Effectively using academic technology to enhance instruction
- Issuing grades and comments for students in a timely manner
- Participating in the Faculty Evaluation Program
- Participating in parent conferences and communicating with parents regularly
- Attending all required meetings of the faculty
Qualifications: At GUS, we recognize that there are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. When reviewing applications we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant in order to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you possess a majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- The position requires the ability to teach Latin
- A bachelor’s degree in Latin or a related field
- A master’s degree in Latin or in education
- 3-5 years teaching experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Latin Teacher” to firstname.lastname@example.org.