Language and Literacy Teacher
The Greenwood School, Putney, VT
The Greenwood School, located in Putney, Vermont, is an independent, internationally recognized private school for boys with language-based learning differences, including but not limited to dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD, and executive functioning difficulties. The Language Literacy Specialists at Greenwood work with students from middle school through high school ages using multilinguistic techniques. We are certified in explicit, prescriptive, diagnostic, cumulative, multisensory sensory language programs supported by current research.
At this time, we are seeking full-time certified educators in the Orton Gillingham methodology or a Structured Language approach to join our Language and Literacy Department at the Greenwood School. Ideal candidates will have a master’s degree in education or, preferably, special education and advanced training in multisensory literacy, particularly Orton-Gillingham. Training in this area would be available if you are not currently certified.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or preferably a master’s.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience teaching structured literacy, preferably Orton-Gillingham.
- A solid understanding of language-based learning disabilities
- Experience in interpreting neuropsychological reports and IEPs
- Computer literacy is preferred.
All lessons are individually tailored to meet the needs of our students. Our classes are small, ranging anywhere from 1:1 to 3:1.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please address how your skillset matches our needs.