Kindergarten Teaching Assistant
Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
POSITION OPENING: Temporary Kindergarten Teaching Assistant
SHORE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Beverly, MA)
Start Date: ASAP – June 30, 2024
Status: Full Time, Exempt, On-campus
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Using PDF format, please send a resumé and a cover letter describing how you meet the below criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Assistant (TA) positions at Shore Country Day School offer new and aspiring teachers an entry-level opportunity in independent school education. We pair each assistant with one to two lead teachers in grades Pre-K through 4, who directly supervise the assistant’s professional growth and development. In turn, assistants support their lead teachers in all aspects of their professional responsibilities.
In living out our Equity and Inclusion Commitment, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds, abilities, and lived experiences to apply, including candidates of color, candidates who are members of the LGBTQ+ community, neurodivergent candidates, multilingual candidates, and other candidates from historically underrepresented communities.
- Apply culturally responsive pedagogy techniques to create a strong sense of safety, belonging, and learning engagement for every student
- Collaborate with lead teacher in all aspects of classroom setup and instruction, including leading specific lessons or units of study
- Collaborate with other TAs to provide lead instruction and supervision for SEA Shore (afterschool program), Monday-Thursday 3-4pm
- Engage in professional responsibilities that include collaborating effectively with colleagues, participating in pertinent employee meetings, performing necessary duties, and keeping abreast of current research and practices in reading, child development, and equity and inclusion
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong proficiency with culturally responsive pedagogy
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Strong organizational skills and innovative thinking
- Knowledge of current curricular and instructional practices
- Ability to use technology in support of teaching
- Ability to effectively listen, respond, and present information to students, families, and colleagues
Shore Country Day School (Boston Metropolitan area) is a Pre-K – Grade 9 independent day school serving students of all social identities. Our commitment to anti-racist and culturally responsive teaching, staff, and administrative practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Shore Community. All employees are supported through mentoring, significant professional development opportunities, and a culture of intentionality for individual belonging and innovation.
- Video of Shore leaders discussing worklife, courtesy of Strategenius.
- Employment page with Videos of Shore teachers and students.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Shore Country Day School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.