Kindergarten Maternity Leave Teacher
Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA
Kindergarten Maternity Leave Teacher at Tenacre Country Day School
Full-time Position, Fall 2022
Tenacre Country Day School is seeking maternity leave coverage for our kindergarten beginning August 29, 2022. Tenacre’s mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day. Everything we do is designed to enhance this all-important balance over a broad range of homeroom and special subjects, along with other activities. As a school dedicated to the elementary years, Tenacre values the importance of teaming with the grade level teaching partner, the strong partnership between parents and staff, and the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life. We provide our teachers with numerous professional development opportunities and a collegial atmosphere. Tenacre values diversity and inclusiveness in our curriculum and our school community and we expect all members of the community to contribute positively to the school experience.
As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind.
- Knowledge of curriculum development and differentiated learning
- Strong early literacy background with knowledge of phonics instruction
- Familiarity with the following programs: Responsive Classroom, Singapore Math, Lively Letters and Handwriting Without Tears (training will be provided as needed)
- Ability to work collaboratively with teaching partner in executing curriculum development and establishing routines within the classroom
- Co-manage a grade of 23 students
- Lead instruction of reading, writing, math, and social studies
- Co-plan lessons with Kindergarten teaching partner
- Coordinate with specialist teachers
- Communicate student progress to families
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned including and not limited to: lunch duty, recess coverage, attending staff meetings
Tenacre Country Day School considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, creed, veteran or uniformed service status, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Head of School
Tenacre Country Day School
78 Benvenue Street
Wellesley, MA 02482