Jr. Technical Support Analyst
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of downtown Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create the anti-racist environment at Milton—free from bias, injustice, and bigotry—that our values demand, we encourage each other to explore our own histories and identities, be open to learning from others, seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens, and strive to practice ways of interacting with one another that ensure all students and adults feel safe, supported, and able to express all aspects of their identities without judgment or hate.
In our dynamic community we honor that Milton students challenge each other to build a foundation upon which to leave Milton and partner with their future communities to help create a more just world and in those spaces that are dissonant to our values, to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Provides technical services, support, and training to Milton Academy faculty, students, and staff using desktop/laptop computers, tablet devices, applications, and network–based services. Troubleshoots, answers phone calls for the HelpDesk, and assists users (faculty, staff, and students) with various problems. This position includes repairing computer hardware and software problems on Apple, Chrome, and Windows products in addition to assorted peripherals. This position is responsible for providing an extremely high-level of customer service. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a wide variety of people and helping them understand how to solve technology-related challenges.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Operations and Support
- Install, configure, maintain, repair and upgrade computer software, computer hardware, and related peripherals.
- Provide tier-one support for faculty, staff, and student computers and devices. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and operating system problems that span a wide-range of complexity. Document troubleshooting processes and resulting problem resolutions. Openly and broadly share problem resolutions.
- Maintain timely and accurate Help Desk records. Make effective use of Help Desk records to identify patterns, systemic problems, and end-user training needs.
- Maintain timely and accurate inventory records for all computer equipment. Execute replacement cycles that are appropriate to the specific use of office, lab, classroom, library, dorm, and common-space equipment.
- Work with user communities to assess, plan, and mitigate the impact of hardware, software, and/or operating system changes.
2. Technology, Planning, and Research
- Research, evaluate and recommend tools and technologies that support and/or improve the department’s ability to provide efficient and effective services to the community.
- Proactively maintain knowledge of industry trends, software upgrades/releases/patches, and hardware advancements. Ensure that operating systems, applications, and hardware meet recommended industry standards. Test, plan, and deploy upgrades with minimal interruptions to service.
- Execute tasks as part of projects undertaken by the group; document issues and results.
- Acquire and maintain industry standard, product specific, and vendor certifications as appropriate.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the intellectual, racial, cultural, and gender diversity of the school community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.