IT Help Desk Support
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Hingham, MA
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Massachusetts–an all-female college preparatory middle and high school educating students in grades 7-12–is seeking an IT Help Desk Support person who has high energy, is customer service-oriented, and holds a passion for educating and empowering young women.
Notre Dame Academy (NDA) is a vibrant, Catholic learning community, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The Academy guides young women in their personal faith formation, challenges students to pursue academic excellence, and encourages social responsibility on behalf of global justice.
NDA seeks a full-time customer-oriented user support professional who will serve a key technology support role for the institution.
The IT Help Desk Support person is responsible for delivering a timely and effective solution for NDA users. This support effort will allow users to provide the services they are responsible for.
Responsibilities include identifying, developing and implementing suggestions and solutions, both staff and students. The position is vital for IT to deliver the services staff and students need to use technology effectively at NDA.
The position reports to the Chief Information Officer and works collaboratively with other members of the IT staff and NDA staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions of Position:
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with computer hardware, peripheral hardware (printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, etc.), software, internet and network service, email and Intranet accounts, phones and phone service, network and internet equipment, and telephone network wiring.
- Provide troubleshooting and support via on-site/desk-side visits, remote connections, and the Information Services Help Desk. Serve as the initial responder at the Help Desk to requests made via phone calls, emails, and in person.
- Document requests and issues in the department tracking system and assign, update, and complete work orders.
- Prepare, configure, and deploy new, replacement, or upgraded computer hardware, peripheral hardware, software, phones, and network equipment and cables.
- Create and maintain user accounts, shared resources and permissions with Active Directory, and many internal systems.
- Contribute to the maintenance and application of hardware, software, and processes for information security, particularly regarding end-user hardware, software, and processes.
- Work with external vendors for installations and repairs when assigned.
- When assigned, assess potential new and replacement equipment for functionality and price.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two or more years’ experience supporting desktops, laptops, and peripherals in a networked environment, with moderate to advanced experience in installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. Experience resolving internet, network, and telephone connectivity problems.
- Two or more years demonstrated Help Desk or Customer Support experience assisting others over the phone.
- Experience supporting computers in a Windows WAN/LAN environment.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree, preferably in a related field, and/or Microsoft certifications and other relevant certifications.
- Experience participating in projects for IT support and/or enhancements.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects such as computer and peripherals.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle when necessary.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and disability insurance
- 403(b) plan – employer match
- Paid vacation (4 weeks), holidays, sick and personal time
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
Gene LaCava, Chief Technology Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org