IT Help Desk Support
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Hingham, MA
Notre Dame Academy, a Catholic school sponsored by Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, educates and empowers young women in grades 7-12. We are an academically rigorous learning community that cultivates life-long learners, critical thinkers, and open-minded leaders. We welcome students of all religious traditions guiding them in their personal faith formation and inspiring them to see the goodness of God as we honor the dignity of the individual and care for all creation.
IT HELP DESK SUPPORT
The IT Help Desk Support position provides technical support in person, over the phone at the Help Desk, and remotely by solving technical problems, maintaining systems and enhancing services provided by the Information Technology department. The IT Help Desk Support position reports to the CIO.
|· Troubleshoot and resolve problems with computer hardware, peripheral hardware (printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, etc.), software, internet and network service, email and Intranet accounts, phones and phone service, network and internet equipment, and telephone network wiring.
· Provide troubleshooting and support via on-site/desk-side visits, remote connections, and the Information Services Help Desk. Serve as the initial responder at the Help Desk to requests made via phone calls, emails, and in person.
· Document requests and issues in the department tracking system and assign, update, and complete work orders.
· Prepare, configure, and deploy new, replacement, or upgraded computer hardware, peripheral hardware, software, phones, and network equipment and cables.
· Create and maintain user accounts, shared resources and permissions with Active Directory, and many internal systems.
· Contribute to the maintenance and application of hardware, software, and processes for information security, particularly in regard to end-user hardware, software, and processes.
· Work with external vendors for installations and repairs when assigned.
· When assigned, assess potential new and replacement equipment for functionality and price.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years experience supporting desktops, laptops, and peripherals in a networked environment, with moderate to advanced experience in installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. Experience resolving internet, network, and telephone connectivity problems.
- Two or more years demonstrated Help Desk or Customer Support experience assisting others over the phone.
- Experience supporting computers in a Windows WAN/LAN environment.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree, preferably in a related field, and/or Microsoft certifications and other relevant certifications.
- Experience participating in projects for IT support and/or enhancements.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects such as computer and peripherals.
The Ideal candidate possesses:
- Ability to identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and solve complex programs.
- Ability to create and maintain a good rapport with end-users, colleagues, and vendors, whether over the phone, via email, or in person. Customer service oriented with ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and accurate.
- Ability to prioritize and to set and meet deadlines. Ability to effectively handle various duties simultaneously and works well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of multidisciplinary groups as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates can apply via Schoolsprings or email Gene LaCava, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Notre Dame Academy seeks to create a working and learning environment that reflect the society and community in which we are located, and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.