IT Associate-Technical Support Coordinator
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of IT Associate – Technical Support Coordinator. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Providing daily technical support to the Dana Hall community utilizing a Help Desk ticketing system where interactions are documented including resolution steps for tracking and reporting purposes
- Providing welcoming and friendly technical support to community members with varying proficiency levels and working with end users and vendors to troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity issues
- In coordination with other members of the department, onboarding and training new users, deploying and installing software and hardware devices (e.g., computers, monitors, printers, other peripherals) and performing equipment maintenance, as necessary
- Providing support for Windows and macOS computers, audio/visual equipment, and a multitude of applications for both Windows and MacOS platforms
- Addressing Windows and MacOS hardware and software issues, matters of network connectivity including wired and wireless configurations, and assisting in the deployment and configuration for Cisco VOIP phones, printers, Apple TVs, and other devices
- Supporting audio/visual systems on campus, as well as providing coordination, setup, and support of audio/visual equipment for presentations, lectures, and other major events on campus
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate inventories of school equipment
- Performing other duties, as assigned
Successful candidates will have a high standard of productivity in a fast-paced environment. Candidates will be active listeners, empathetic, proactive, resourceful, curious, and professional. They must possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively. This position works in coordination with the other professional staff within the Technology Department.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical-related field. They must have an ability to understand, address, escalate and triage common technology support issues in a 1:1 iPad setting, as well as maintain proficiency in iOS applications and features including AirPlay. Proficiency with Google Workspace for Education is preferred. Candidates must be able to remain seated for extended periods, as well as lift and move computer and peripheral equipment up to 60 lbs. Periodic evening and weekend hours are to be expected.
This is a 12-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of Information Systems.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.