Interim Athletics Coordinator
Pingree School, Hamilton, MA
Pingree School is a dynamic and aspirational, independent, all-gender day school on the North Shore of Boston, located on a beautiful 100-acre campus in South Hamilton, where approximately 385 students in grades 9 through 12 solve problems, build community, and learn how to learn. Pingree empowers every community member to pursue knowledge with courage and imagination, thrive in joy and challenge, and create a more just and equitable world. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Pingree seeks to hire an Interim Athletics Coordinator for parental leave coverage in the second and third trimester of the 2022-2023 school year. The selected candidate will be a full-time member of the Athletics Department during the coverage period and will report to the Director of Athletics and Afternoon Programs. The job will begin in mid January and end in late April. There are evening and weekend responsibilities involved with the position.
This position will be responsible for assisting in managing the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Department within the context of a day school committed to promoting health and wellness, citizenship, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Pingree is a member of the Eastern Independent League, the Evergreen League (football) and the Holt league (hockey).
The successful candidate must exhibit a passion for athletics, a commitment to working with adolescents, and should have proven experience communicating with multiple constituents. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with athletics operations including coordinating officials, booking and managing transportation schedules, managing game schedules online, and confirming game dates and times
- Help to maintain athletics website and promotion of athletics and afternoon programs in collaboration with athletics and marketing teams
- Maintain team and student-athlete rosters and archives and assist with managing student enrollment in athletics afternoon programs
- Assist with onboarding of new coaches
- Help to manage awards process and facilitate postseason celebrations and ordering of trophies
- Manage practice and game day operations, including setting up fields and facilities for practices and contests, providing coverage at all home games, managing game day operations (i.e. checking in visiting teams, covering balls on sidelines, running scoreboards, film, etc.) and helping to coordinate and oversee game officials (i.e. timers, scorers)
- Other duties as assigned; evening and weekend work will be expected
Qualifications and Skills Required for Position:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in athletics or secondary school administration preferred; coaching and/or playing interscholastic athletics encouraged
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize daily tasks, maintain accurate records, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; must be proficient in use of technology
- Excellent people skills with the ability to navigate complexity and operate in the gray
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed with a proven ability to collaborate with various constituencies
- Self-starter and proactive in identifying solutions and areas of opportunity
- Experience working with and supporting students and coaches and an understanding of the role of athletics in supporting the broader goals of the institution
- Commitment to working collegially in a diverse community and communicating effectively with a diverse population
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume along with contact information for two professional references.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics, or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.