Accredited by NEASC
Information Technology Support Specialist
Staff / Full-Time
Dexter Southfield School, Brookline, MA
Dexter Southfield seeks a collaborative technology support specialist to support the technology needs of a vibrant school community. Working closely with our Help Desk Manager and IT Director, you will provide support to students, faculty, and staff while troubleshooting hardware and software issues and reinforcing Dexter Southfield’s position as the preeminent PreK through Class 12 independent school in Boston. This position offers a self-motivated and talented individual the opportunity to collaborate with campus partners committed to the integrity of all School-owned data, technology, hardware, software, and systems.
You are a flexible, resilient team player who adapts quickly to change. You are self-motivated and have proven yourself as someone who can manage competing priorities with integrity, humor, and sound judgment, stepping up to support others whenever and wherever needed.
You will join a talented, service-oriented Information Technology team who prides itself on providing timely operational and technical support to Dexter Southfield students, faculty, and staff. If you are seeking a role with growth potential where you can implement best practices in the spirit of the School’s motto, “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow,” this entry-level support specialist position may be your next career opportunity.
To be successful in this level-I IT support role, you must be able to:
- Respond to IT support requests via walk-in, email, or through remote access.
- Offer technical assistance with the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Follow up with customers to ensure the IT issue has been resolved.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Support the use of equipment such as laptops, desktops, tablets, projectors, document cameras, IP phones, and copiers/printers.
- Support the use of cloud-based applications such as Zoom, Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Intune MDM, Papercut cloud printing.
- Provide classroom AV technology assistance and support teachers and students’ Wi-Fi connectivity
- Provide new staff onboarding technical training and offboarding device reconfiguration.
- Assist in maintaining the hardware inventory database.
- Set up and/or operate audio/visual systems, with occasional after-hours coverage for school events.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned improve the technology environment for the school community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required; two plus years of equivalent technology-related full-time work experience may be considered
- At least two years of experience supporting clients with their PC/Mac support needs
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows 11, Mac OS
- Demonstrated PC hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office 365 and some business apps software. Knowledge of printing management software.
- Microsoft Azure AD, ADFS domain user account management.
- CompTIA A+ and/or Microsoft certification is desirable
- Blackbaud Student Information Systems (SIS) experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consistently juggle competing priorities without direct supervision, meet project deadlines, and meet high-performance standards
- Team player with strong customer-centered communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to establish and nurture effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Be capable of lifting and moving related computer equipment and peripherals.
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a culture in which employees feel valued and respected and are rewarded with a generous employee benefits package. The budgeted salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to visit the Careers page of our website to submit a cover letter and resume through our online application portal at www.dextersouthfield.org/careers
Dexter Southfield School
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
All Gender, Boys, Girls