Information Technology Specialist
Cambridge Friends School, Cambridge, MA
Information Technology Specialist
Cambridge Friends School, the only Quaker School in Massachusetts, is a renowned leader in teaching social justice and equality, committed to project-based, experiential learning. Guided by the six Quaker Testimonies of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship, Cambridge Friends School focuses on educating the whole child in an environment that best positions them for their success. Cambridge Friends School is deeply committed to preparing each child for the road ahead in high school and beyond and to inspiring a life-long love of learning.
Cambridge Friends School is seeking an Information Technology Specialist. The Information Technology Specialist will be the point of contact for all technological needs of the School. This person will assist in setting up and maintaining informational technology needs, including the phone system and the internet. The IT Specialist will be on call to assist with day-to-day tasks throughout the building pertaining to student and teacher computers, wireless connection issues, audio/video equipment, and other situations arising from hardware and software technology issues. This person will be expected to assist with technology needs for all school events, Including assemblies, theatrical productions, and other events as designated by the Head of School. This job is a full-time position with benefits.
- Maintains and upgrades/patches school’s computer inventory. This includes, but is not limited to, PC’s running Microsoft 10,8,7, Macs running various OS X and 11, iPads, iPhones and Chromebooks. Repairs Chromebooks, PCs and Macs where applicable.
- Maintains and upgrades/patches the School’s Networking System. This includes the firewall, Ethernet Switches and Wi-Fi networks.
- Maintains and operates the schools Zoom- based phone system.
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of Kyocera MPF systems.
- Maintains and repairs, as needed, various other small size printers.
- Assists with being the SysAd for Office 365 and G Suite
- Provides backup SysAd duties for the School’s website and the Blackbaud On-product based system.
- Provides technical assistance, and when needed, operates the audio/video system for school assemblies and other events where audio/video is needed. This will include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Assist with the stage lighting system used for events and other assemblies.
- Maintains spare parts, equipment and related inventory system.
- Maintains and operates Anti- virus and anti-malware systems as needed.
- Assist faculty and staff with App installation on various systems.
- Interact with the students in the use of Chromebooks.
- Assists the Head of Maintenance in operating the School’s camera security and door lock systems.
- Manages the Information Technology budget, including inventory and price checking on all electronic devices in the building.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in support of Technology.
- Standard tech certifications desired or equivalent experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, as needed.
It is Cambridge Friends School’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, identity, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Specialist” in the subject line.