Immediate Substitute School Bus Driver
The Sage School, Foxborough, MA
Generous Signing Bonus Offered
Positions Available: 1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work and communicate with Pre-K to Grade 8 students
- Drive a school bus on scheduled routes and/or on all types of trips in support of School approved activities.
- Ensure that vehicles are in safe and proper condition.
- Maintain control over student passengers as related to safety. Report unsafe acts or conditions that require the attention of anyone other than the driver.
- Operate a school bus in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform the required operational and safety inspections of the school bus and all related equipment.
- Perform other school bus driver related duties as directed by the School.
- Part-time position with benefits including individual medical insurance, and paid winter and spring breaks.
- Have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) Endorsement and a School Bus (S) Endorsement. Paid CDL training covered by Sage.
- Have a School Bus Driver Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities.
- Complete a satisfactory Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check.
- Complete a satisfactory fingerprint based national criminal history check (CHRI)
- Have a Medical Examiner’s Certificate (in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)
- Pass random drug and alcohol screenings.
- CPR and First Aid Certified or willing to be certified
- Have three continuous years of driving and a CLEAN driving record
- At least 3 years of relevant school bus driver experience preferred
- High School/Trade School degree
- Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in the United States required
THE SAGE SCHOOL
The Sage School Mission is to encourage our diverse community of gifted students to engage in academic challenges, nurture their love of learning, and cultivate their humanity so they can serve, inspire, and create impact.
The Sage School EEO Statement
The Sage School is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Betsy Bauler, Auxiliary Programs Coordinator and Administrative Assistant to the Head of School
The Sage School
171 Mechanic Street
Foxboro, Massachusetts, 02035