Human Resources Lead
Maimonides School, Brookline, MA
Maimonides School, a Jewish day school in Brookline, MA, is seeking a resourceful person to be its “go-to” Human Resources professional.
Maimonides is the only Modern Orthodox day school in the Boston area and offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and General Studies. We’re also at the forefront of employers in health benefits, offering an Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement (ICHRA) which uniquely allows us to offer significant choice and cost savings to our employees.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion while fostering standards of excellence. Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection.
We are looking for a candidate who is agile in a “small shop” and able to take the lead on spearheading process improvements while deftly executing the daily details of the department. The successful candidate is a technically savvy administrator with a mastery of HR regulation who is comfortable with back-office nuts and bolts, can support managers with hiring and performance matters, and whose demeanor invites employees’ confidence. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
This is a full-time position which is currently remote for 2-3 days a week, reporting to the Director of Finance.
Employment and Hiring
- Coordinate hiring across divisions, making improvements in areas such as recruitment and pay scales.
- Maintain employee handbook and clearly communicate policy changes.
- Onboard and offboard employees including orientation, benefits enrollment/term, and exit interviews.
- Advise managers on hiring, termination, and personnel matters.
- Develop and maintain HRIS system and personnel files (manual and electronic).
- Develop or update and maintain job descriptions.
- Drive and manage the school’s open enrollment process and communications.
- Administer all benefit programs, including but not limited to health, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and retirement, ensuring compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other applicable state and/or federal laws.
- Maintain benefits administration module in our Paycom payroll system.
- Maintain enrollment changes in all benefits portals; process and reconcile benefits invoices.
- Assist staff in understanding benefits and in resolving discrepancies and claims.
- Administer all leaves, worker’s compensation claims, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations.
- Provide information and guidance to employees on policies and procedures, absences, visa status, conduct, grievances, and other employee relations matters.
- Other duties as requested by the Director of Finance or Chief Executive Officer.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of HR experience.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail. Good math skills.
- Technology and systems acumen; proficiency with MS Office (Excel and Word) and HRIS systems. Knowledge of payroll benefits systems. Comfort with evaluating software solutions.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate sensitive employee conversations.
- Willingness to tackle additional tasks with congeniality.
Compensation: Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Maimonides offers three weeks of vacation and generous holidays that include Modern Orthodox religious observances.
To Apply: We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com . No phone calls, please.