Human Resources Generalist
Concord Academy, Concord, MA
We are looking for a service-oriented and technology savvy HR Generalist to ensure the smooth functioning of the human resources office. This role requires a versatile individual who has proven experience in all aspects of human resources. This role requires high levels of organizational effectiveness, confidentiality, communication and safety. This is a critical role for the successful operation of the school community. The HR Generalist will act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics ensuring the highest quality of service in an attentive and responsible atmosphere.
We actively seek applicants who reflect and support our mission-driven commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse and equitable school community. The successful applicant will demonstrate a strong desire to incorporate inclusive employment practices and a commitment to advancing the core tenets of the school’s mission.
Concord Academy Mission Statement
We are a community animated by love of learning,
diverse and striving for equity,
with common trust as our foundation.
Honoring each individual, we challenge and expand
our understanding of ourselves and the world
through purposeful collaboration and creative engagement.
We cultivate empathy, integrity, and responsibility
to build a more just and sustainable future.
- Administer employee benefit programs and leaves partnering closely with payroll, including auditing enrollment and payments for
- Conduct employee on/off boarding in coordination with key departments on
- Process and maintain school background
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources in the implementation and enforcement of school policies and the overall regulatory/legal compliance
- Maintain employee files and employment records to meet compliance
- Coordinate applicant flow processes from sourcing through selection in coordination in partnership with the Director of Human
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources to create/cultivate initiatives to build morale, increase productivity and
- Assist with employee relations matters as
- Assist in coordination of performance management processes throughout the
- Coordinate training programs under the direction of the Head of School, Deans and the Director of Human
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends to drive business case
- Participate actively in personal and/or professional growth and development and stay abreast of employment benefits trends and regulatory
- Perform general office administrative tasks as
- Provide support for special projects and workflow process
- Perform other related duties as
- High school diploma Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of human resources generalist experience; benefits administrator experience
- SHRM or HRCI certification
- Intermediate Excel, MS Office, and Google Suite software
- Familiarity with human resources and finance
- Advanced communication skills (verbal, written, electronic) and superior phone
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work well with
- Strong empathy and interpersonal
- A high level of integrity, honesty, and a strong work
- Enthusiasm for working in an independent school setting and desire to embrace the school mission and
- The candidate must pass a criminal record
- COVID-19 Vaccine is
- Ability to traverse the CA campus including climbing
- Ability to lift and carry materials for the office (up to 20 ).
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to: Maggy Godfroy
Director of Human Resources email@example.com
To learn more about Concord Academy, please visit our website: www.concordacademy.org. We are unable to respond to phone or email inquiries.