Human Resources Assistant and Recruitment Coordinator
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. At Milton we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world, and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
The Human Resources Assistant and Recruitment Coordinator serves a number of administrative functions that support the operations of the Human Resources department, including recruitment and retention. The Human Resources Coordinator maintains Milton Academy’s career page and applicant tracking system while also managing the requisition process. The Recruitment Coordinator drafts job postings and position descriptions. The Recruitment Coordinator supports the administrative needs of the recruitment program, including scheduling interviews, organizing and registering for recruiting events, and drafting offer letters. In addition, the Recruitment Coordinator works with all departments and divisions to support the onboarding process for new employees.
Other Human Resources functions include:
- Coordinate important functions that support the operations of a human resources office for a K-12 independent day and boarding school, including:
- The annual personnel training program for faculty and staff, including for opening of school.
- New faculty and staff orientation programs.
- Background check process for employees, volunteers, chaperones, and subcontractors.
- Ensure that new employees complete new hire documentation in accordance with established human resources policies.
- Maintain up to date and accurate personnel files, ensuring documents are filed properly.
- Create the schedule and content for the bi-weekly HR Newsletter and ensure that it is sent out to all employees
- Assist with service awards.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Milton’s policy management program; including drafting policies and procedures at the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer and Counsel and Compliance Manager.
- Record meeting minutes
- Answer Milton’s main telephone line, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Perform basic administrative functions for the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Associate Director of Human Resources including calendar management
A qualified applicant will have computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft and Google products; experience with HRIS and benefits databases. A Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience that reflects an understanding of the functions of a human resources office is required.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.