The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the Human Resources Specialist manages all aspects of HR including talent acquisition, onboarding, off boarding, personnel record keeping, compensation & benefits planning, payroll processing, benefits administration, employee relations, employment law compliance, and some risk management in support of approximately 85 employees. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a hands-on environment as a department of one, but will also possess strategic vision to help guide the organization with best practices.
Employment Practices & Compliance
- Provide the highest level of service to employees and managers, including act as a resource regarding HR practices, policies, benefits and payroll.
- Create and maintain Rashi HR intranet portal.
- Ensure compliance with and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all HR related federal and state legal requirements.
- Develop and maintain personnel policies and procedures, employee handbook, employment forms, labor law posters, and recommend changes to the Head of School and Director of Finance and Operations.
- Maintain accurate and secure personnel records and ensure proper documentation.
- Coordinate and communicate with legal counsel, insurance agents and brokers on employee benefit, compliance updates and laws, and complex employee relations issues.
- Gather data, analyze and prepare annual filings related to Affordable Care Act, Medicare and other reporting as needed.
- Administer attendance tracking, FMLA and MMLA leaves, EEO records, unemployment claims, COBRA filings, HIPAA compliance, disability claims, hiring and termination processing, and other routine functions.
- Provide coaching to supervisors on employee relations issues, disciplinary actions, and separations.
- Conduct and coordinate investigations (i.e., whistleblower, harassment, ethics violations, etc.)
Talent Acquisition and On and Off-boarding
- Manage recruitment process including develop job descriptions, post openings, track applicants, and screen candidates.
- Guide hiring managers through the recruitment and selection process including best practices for interviewing and reference checking, and offer negotiations.
- Prepare employment agreements and offer letters for new and returning personnel.
- Manage criminal background check process for all employees, contractors, and volunteers.
- Coordinate annual new hire orientation program.
Payroll and Benefits
- Process semi-monthly payroll via third party payroll platform (ADP Workforcenow).
- Process employee benefits enrollments and changes. Reconcile monthly billing statements.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Operations to budget, research and choose/renew employee benefit plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Operations to research, develop and interpret Rashi compensation plan.
- Manage annual employee benefits open enrollment communications, notifications, and processing.
- Coordinate workers compensation, Massachusetts PFML, disability, and unemployment claims.
- Manage employee wellness programs including annual flu vaccination clinics, EAP awareness and usage, financial literacy.
- Manage the employee separation process for both voluntary and involuntary terminations.
- Conduct employee exit interviews to solicit feedback and ensure employee has all necessary information upon departure.
Other duties as assigned by the Head of School and/or their designee.
The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated individual who is passionate about Rashi’s mission and values and possesses professional HR experience or transferable skills in education, communication, and/or compliance. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five or more years of increasingly responsible human resources and/or benefits experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including spreadsheets and tracking systems.
- Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR) and/ or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
- Working knowledge of human resource principles, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
- Working knowledge and skill of business software databases, HRIS, and payroll systems.
- ADP Workforcenow/Veracross experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a school environment is a plus.
- Able to sit, stand, type, twist, bend.
- Able to use telephone and computers.
- Generally, works in standard office conditions and climate.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, send a resume, letter of interest, and list of professional references.
Benefits include dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and student tuition considerations.