The Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade school located in Weston, MA, seven miles west of Boston, is seeking a full-time HR Coordinator to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of People, the HR Coordinator will play a critical role in HR processes such as payroll & benefits administration, leave management, onboarding/offboarding, and employee relations, among others. You will also partner with the Head of People on strategic HR initiatives that impact the workplace culture as well as employee experience and engagement. Successful candidates will be highly collaborative with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively. You will thrive in an environment where no two days are alike! This role balances the recurring, routine processes while also requiring flexibility to meet the ever changing needs of our faculty.
At Meadowbrook, smart, passionate people join together in an expansive learning environment with rigorous academics and innovative curricula to inspire, challenge, and empower students to achieve at the highest level, connect deeply with a diverse community, and courageously create change. Meadowbrook is a mission-driven school and we invite candidates to familiarize themselves with our mission before applying for the position.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ or people from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Meadowbrook.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll, maintain accurate records, resolve any exceptions/errors and respond to all employee inquiries in a timely manner. We utilize Paychex Flex as our payroll system.
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee benefits regarding eligibility, explanation of plans, resolution of claims and inquiries, assisting with the annual open enrollment processes, and ongoing benefits management.
- Process all leave-of-absence requests, workers’ compensation applications, medical, disability, and MA PFML or FMLA claims with appropriate carriers and organizations and maintain an effective tracking system.
- Conduct all onboarding and offboarding procedures such as background check processes, collection of paperwork, communication with other relevant internal departments and/or committees, etc.
- Provide administrative support for recruiting such as posting jobs on internal and external job boards, communicating with candidates, scheduling interviews, assisting hiring managers and responding to questions.
- Review and respond to any unemployment claims with the DUA in a timely manner.
- Respond to any requests for employment verification.
- Assist with the review, investigation and resolution of employee relations and performance management matters.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field (preferred).
- 1-3 years of relevant experience; experience in the education sector a plus.
- Previous experience administering payroll and benefits (experience with Paychex or similar system preferred).
- High level of empathy with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Google Workspace.