History/AP History Teacher
The Woodward School, Quincy, MA
Description: The Woodward School , an independent, day school for girls in grades 6- 12, in Quincy, MA, seeks a History/AP History teacher for a full-time position beginning in September of 2021.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Subject matter competence to teach History and AP history; teaching assignments will include World and American History;
- Willingness to collaborate and develop curriculum with humanities colleagues;
- A commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Service as an Advisor;
- Availability for other school events: Admissions Open Houses, Graduation and
other important annual all community events (TBD).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in History or equivalent required; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- Strong History content and curriculum proficiency;
- Ability and confidence to utilize technology to facilitate and enhance teaching and
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience preferred;
- Curriculum planning and teacher supervision experience preferred;
Ideal candidates will have a strong background in teaching History and Social Studies; an understanding of the developmental needs of children; skill and experience with differentiated instruction and assessment; ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and peers; will value commitment to our school’s mission to empower and advance young women through education; and to working collaboratively to uphold the values of the school and our programs in a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning community.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a list of references to
Woodward is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.