High School Mathematics
Tremont School, Concord, MA
High School Mathematics Teacher
Seeking an opportunity to teach in a student-centric, progressive and supportive learning environment that encourages innovation and creativity, celebrates each individual and the unique roles they play in our community, where you are encouraged to personalize the learning experience and become the best teacher you can be so that our students are empowered to become their best selves?
Join our special team of dedicated professionals whose myriad skills and talents and shared passion for personalized learning ensure our exceptional students are prepared socially, emotionally and academically for their future. At Tremont School, every student and staff member feels valued individually and for their unique contributions to our extraordinary community.
Tremont School is looking for a Part-time High School Mathematics Teacher to complement our growing team for the 2022-2023 school year with the potential to expand in the future. We are seeking an outstanding educator with deep subject knowledge, a collaborative spirit, interdisciplinary experience, and a desire to connect with each student’s interests. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled instructor to utilize their ideas, passions and experience to create a learning environment where all students thrive.
The High School Mathematics Teacher is an important member of our team, serving our High School and Post-Graduate programs, primarily teaching Math-related classes, and encouraging interdisciplinary opportunities in collaboration with our STEM Coordinator and our other faculty members. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to help shape an evolving program that encourages creativity, builds confidence and fosters compassionate and thoughtful engagement in the world around us. We are interested in applicants with broad capacity to guide and teach various Math courses as part of a collaborative and supportive team. We serve students with a range of interests and abilities, some of whom need additional support while others may be taking advanced courses at a local community college. Our diverse population is a critical part of what makes the Tremont experience one that fosters independence, connection and trust.
At Tremont School, we use a Living Curriculum approach that combines student-directed learning with teacher-guided, project-based, thematic curriculum. Our students and teachers learn together in a civic-minded community that highly values friendships and intellectual curiosity. Tremont is not a traditional school and seeks candidates who appreciate and want to be part of a dynamic learning environment that emphasizes expertise in learning to learn over content learning, and approaches curriculum as dynamic, changeable, and responsive to what is relevant. Tremont is a highly inclusive school community and creates a learning environment for all students, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or economic background.
As the Tremont School curriculum is dynamic and changing, each educator, including the Mathematics Teacher, has a high level of responsibility for the creation of the evolving curriculum of the school. Most educators also serve in an advisory role and are required to participate in Collaborative Problem Solving training.
● A strong commitment to Tremont School’s mission and vision
● Highly energetic, highly motivated individual
● A sense of humor, an optimistic outlook, a love of kids, an open mind and a desire to make a difference with an innovative school
● Ability to thrive in a dynamic and flexible environment
● Strong team player and collaborator
● Experience working with students with different learning needs
● Experience with project-based, thematic, and integrated learning
● Experience with a wide variety of assessment approaches
● An ability to discern students strengths and challenges; to build on strengths and to support challenges to help move students toward thoughtful self-determination
● An ability to assist learners in finding learning paths that build upon their passions and interests
● Willingness to take student perspectives seriously in solving problems
● Interest in social/emotional learning as an important part of daily classroom life
● Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
● Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
About Tremont School:
Tremont School is a small independent day school for grades 5-12 and post graduates located in Concord, MA. Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, Tremont’s mission is to provide an innovative approach to education that (re)ignites a passion for learning, honors and embraces students’ individuality, and empowers them to be critical thinkers and compassionate citizens. The Tremont School learning community values developing trust, building connections and fostering independence.
Tremont School’s Core Beliefs:
● Students thrive when they feel connected to what they are learning and contribute to a community
● Strong communities are built on a foundation of respect for diversity of thought, learning styles, personality, and culture
● Students need to learn how to navigate their own learning in order to become life-long learners
● The richest learning environment integrates physical, social, emotional and cognitive lives
● Tremont School is a collaboration among students, teachers, parents, and the community
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to: employment(at)tremontschool.org.
The Tremont School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender identity in its employment practices, administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $40.00 – $45.00 per hour
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
Tremont School is committed to the safety of our staff, students and families and meets or exceeds all local and national safety protocols and recommendations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Concord, MA 01742: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
HS Math teaching: 4 years (Preferred)
diverse learners: 3 years (Preferred)
Special needs: 2 years (Preferred)
Collaborative Proactive Solutions: 1 year (Preferred)