Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
Walnut Hill School for the Arts seeks a Helpdesk Technician to join the IT office. The Helpdesk Technician is a curious, hands-on, customer service focused individual who works to assist all members of the community with their technology needs. The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for all help ticket, phone, email and walk-in help requests, escalating as necessary, and for assisting with troubleshooting infrastructure and database issues, overseeing the phone and voicemail systems, supporting the card access system, managing copiers and printers, and assisting with livestreaming and event production.
This individual must be friendly and welcoming with good people and communication skills and a desire to problem solve. This is a 12-month, non-exempt position reporting directly to the IT Manager.
Help Line/Customer Service
- Respond to all help tickets, phone, email, and walk-in customers, escalating as necessary;
- Set up and manage user access to the School’s technology network, databases, website, phone system and software applications;
- Provide end-user support to application and database users;
- Assist with managing and maintaining all technology devices;
- Assist with distribution of technology equipment to faculty and staff;
- Assist with onboarding and training of faculty and staff on school provided applications;
- Assist with training and support at both New Student and Faculty Orientations;
- Assist with infrastructure and network upgrades;
- Facilitate the School’s live streaming needs;
- Assist with the import/export of data from system to system;
- Build and maintain relationships with students, faculty, and staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Community Involvement & Engagement
- Attend and participate in communal programs outside the classroom including but not limited to, assemblies, guest speakers, and special programs; model and encourage appropriate behavior and monitor students during events and programming; and
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across all departments to foster a positive working and educational environment for students and employees to support the school’s mission, vision, and core values;
- Participate and engage fully in individual reviews and evaluations; be open to feedback and work with supervisor to set goals and expectations for the future;
- Pursue PD opportunities in and out of school; display willingness and ability to grow, learn, explore new approaches, and practice self-reflection; and
- Support training of the school community on common systems.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent and a minimum of two years of experience providing IT support;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities;
- Ability to work effectively in a changing, fast-paced environment;
- Strong customer service and well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to communicate technology concepts in clear, easy to understand language with a non-judgmental, encouraging attitude;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a collaborative team, with acute attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a safe and inclusive community; and
- Possess cultural competence in working with diverse populations and commitment to learning about and practicing anti-racist work.
Experience/knowledge with troubleshooting and supporting the following technologies:
- Basic Network Infrastructure
- Knowledge of networking principles (DHCP/DNS/IP Subnets), topology, and protocols
- Knowledge of wired and wireless principles
- Windows environment – Desktop and Server (Active Directory)
- IP Phone System
- Google Workplace and related applications
- Print Management
- Mobile Device Management – Mosyle
- Endpoint and Infrastructure Backups
- Digital Inventory and Documentation systems
- Endpoint Security (Malware, Antivirus, Phishing)
- An advocate and example for good digital health and wellness
- Excellent documentation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive approach to troubleshooting issues
- Strong follow-up and follow through
- Desire to invest in growing their technical and non-technical skills
- A sense of humor
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine and supply operation including but not limited to: typing, writing, using electronic devices, wiring, computer, phone, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and printers. Stooping, bending, traveling to/from locations on campus, ascending/descending stairs, reaching and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, located in Natick, Massachusetts and 20 minutes from Boston, is an independent boarding and day high school offering a transformational educational experience designed for student artists in grades 9–post graduate. Walnut Hill combines a comprehensive college-preparatory academic curriculum with intensive, pre-professional artistic training in theatre, dance, music, visual art, and writing, film & media arts. Walnut Hill is committed to creating and enhancing an inclusive environment, and welcoming and celebrating a wide range of cultural, artistic, and educational backgrounds that compliments and supports our diverse community.
Commitment to the school’s Core Values, of Community, Growth, Excellence, Creativity, and Respect are imperative to the success of all Walnut Hill faculty, staff, and administration members. All Walnut Hill faculty/staff are active and engaged members of the school community who are committed to collaborating and growing in their field, participating in school events, supporting students in their arts, supporting other faculty/staff members, and who have the ability to self-reflect on their own practice. Adults at Walnut Hill participate in school events, support students in their arts, embrace the immersive, residential mission of the school, and support other employees in a warm and caring community of high expectations.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter through the Walnut Hill School for the Arts online Career Center.
Note: All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of state and federal background checks. Walnut Hill does not provide visa sponsorship.