Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: August 2023
Department: B-12 Health and Wellness
BB&N is seeking a full-time Health Educator to start in August 2023. This position is part of an All School Health & Wellness Team and includes responsibilities across the Upper, Middle, and Lower School campuses. The Health Educator will employ a holistic, skills-based approach to teach comprehensive health education incorporating but not limited to the National Health Education Standards (NHES), the National Sex Education Standards (NSES), and a Critical Wellness framework. As this is an all-school position, assigned grade levels are to be determined and subject to change.
In addition to teaching, this educator’s responsibilities will include:
- Coaching a sport, and leading Health and Fitness or Mind and Movement classes during athletics.
- Supporting the Health and Wellness Coordinator to review, revise, and develop a comprehensive and cohesive health and wellness curriculum.
- Reviewing and considering additions or revisions to athletics offerings.Engaging in community and school-based engagement (such as faculty meetings, leading/co-leading Affinity Lunch, etc.).
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two years of teaching experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Education with credits in health education and advancement, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of child and adolescent development
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices and the impact they have on curriculum and the community
- Capacity to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Excellent writing skills
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Understand and exhibit high standards of professional conduct
Salary: $67,000.00 – $97,400.00
BB&N offers competitive salaries and benefits and employs equitable and consistent compensation practices. Our compensation strategy prioritizes equity of pay for faculty with similar years of teaching and other related experience. Starting salaries for the 2023-2024 school year typically range from a starting salary of $67,000 to the median 20 year teaching experience salary of $97,400. Both of these salaries are exclusive of additional compensation granted to faculty with relevant advanced degrees. The starting salary for any hired candidate is based on experience within salary bands.
Compensation for full time employees includes a 403(b) plan with up to a 10% match of salary and other competitive benefits offerings. Benefits offered to eligible employees include health & dental insurance; commuter benefits; long-term disability insurance, and more.
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement, and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.