Head Varsity Wrestling Coach
The Fessenden School, Newton, MA
The Fessenden School is an all boys independent day and boarding school serving 525 students in Pre-K to Grade 9 in West Newton, MA. The Fessenden School’s mission is to teach, nurture, and celebrate growing boys; cultivating each boy’s individual potential and developing in balance his mind, character, heart, and body in an inclusive and joyful community. For over 100 years we have been committed to the education of boys, and our facilities, curriculum, and programs are designed with the necessities of boys in mind.
Fessenden seeks an experienced Head Varsity Wrestling Coach to lead and coach boys in Grades 5-9. Candidates should have a proven record of coaching excellence, particularly with this age group and the ability to incorporate the schools core values of Honesty, Compassion and Respect into their coaching philosophy. This is a seasonal position from November 29, 2022 to March 10, 2023.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coaching daily practices and matches against other schools and overseeing assistant coaches during the season. Practice time is typically from 3:00pm to 4:30pm on weekdays.
- Coordination of regular season matches with coaches from other schools, participation in several seasonal weekend tournaments.
- Being the lead tournament administrator of the NE Jr. Prep Championships hosted every year by Fessenden at the end of the season.
- 2 years of coaching experience preferred
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to serve in a diverse community of colleagues, students, and parents
- Enthusiasm and communication skills to engage boys and build meaningful relationships
- Successful criminal background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The requirements for performing the duties of this position are as follows:
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, crouch and/or kneel
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Majority of work is performed in a school/classroom environment, and the noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Submit an application through Fessenden’s Career Site. Please include a resume and cover letter.