Head Boys Cross Country Coach
St. Mark’s School, Southborough, MA
St. Mark’s School in Southborough, MA, seeks a head coach for our boys’ cross country team. This part-time position starts in early September and ends on the second Saturday of November. St. Mark’s enjoys a rich history in the sport of cross country and is a member of the Independent School League. The ideal candidate should have coaching experience and a passion for helping student-athletes reach their potential on and off the cross country trails.
- Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of coaching experience at the high school and/or college level.
- Ability to attract and recruit student-athletes and families to St. Mark’s who will contribute to the overall educational program of the school.
- Ability to positively motivate, inspire, and serve as a role model to student-athletes.
- Manage a Monday-to-Saturday training and race schedule.
- Organize and conduct carefully planned practices that foster development and preparation.
- Work with our athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of all student-athletes.
- Communicate effectively with the athletic department, students, parents, alumni, and administration.
- Build a strong team culture that values leadership, service, and our school’s values of RUSH (Respect, Understanding, Safety, Honesty).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Lauren Ames, Director of Athletics, email@example.com.
About St. Mark’s School:
St. Mark’s School is a co-ed, private boarding high school of approximately 375 students with a strong, college preparatory curriculum located 22 miles west of Boston and 12 miles east of Worcester. St. Mark’s School educates young people for lives of leadership and service. Founded in 1865 as an intentionally small residential community, the School challenges its students to develop their particular analytic and creative capabilities by both inspiring their academic and spiritual curiosity and kindling their passion for discovery. We value cooperation over self-interest, and we encourage all members of our community to explore their place in the larger world beyond our campus.
St. Mark’s School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.