Grades 4-8 Learning Specialist
Derby Academy, Hingham, MA
Derby Academy, a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 co-educational day school located in Hingham, Massachusetts, seeks an enthusiastic, well-qualified candidate for the position of a Middle and Upper School Learning Specialist beginning for the 2021-22 school year to provide individual and small group tutoring sessions for Grades 4-8 in literacy and math. Rooted in the school’s motto, “Improve Both Mind and Heart,” Derby Academy provides students with a joyful and rigorous academic environment. The middle and upper school learning specialist will partner with the other learning specialists, school counselor, and division head to support the academic and of students at Derby Academy.
- Tutoring students individually to support Derby SSPs (Student Success Plans) in needed academic areas
- Teaming with other learning specialists to decide best support for students
- Communicating with teachers on progress or concerns of students
- Participating in grade level meetings and parent meetings to discuss student progress and give recommendations for support
- Bachelors degree in education
- Previous experience as a teacher or literacy or math learning specialist is preferred
Derby Academy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive educational community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, color, veteran status, physical ability, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. Derby Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Mary Beth Murphy
Director of Teaching and Learning
No phone calls, please.