Grade VI Gradehead
Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
Leave replacement February 2022-June 2022
- Teach the year- long Central Subject, “Africa”
- Monitor the social, emotional and academic lives of early adolescent students
- Communicate about student progress, write reports, hold parent conferences, and meet with administrators to support the needs of individuals
- Work collaboratively with grade level team and other members of the Central Subject department to shape and refine the curriculum
- Serve as a full community member by attending weekly faculty meetings, sitting on committees, participating in admissions activities, and covering duties and other routine faculty responsibilities
- Engage in professional development to enhance inclusive teaching and leadership practices. The school offers extensive professional development opportunities, including faculty summer study, travel grants, and yearly trips to the People of Color Conference for BIPOC employees
- Masters degree or equivalent preferred
- Prior middle school teaching experience, deep understanding of middle school development
- Strong background in middle school curriculum design, including a project-based approach
- Familiarity with an integrated, thematic studies approach
- Communicates effectively
- Creates an inclusive classroom
- Employs multicultural and anti-bias teaching strategies that reflect multiple perspectives
- Uses multicultural materials and resources
Finalists are expected to teach a demonstration lesson. A writing sample and college transcripts are also required. Annual salary for faculty is determined according to a step scale commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references as separate documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Grade VI Gradehead- Parental Leave Coverage” in the subject line of the e-mail.
COVID 19 Protocols:
All Shady Hill employees are required to wear a mask while indoors, maintain social distance, participate in bi-weekly testing and proof of vaccination is required. All health and safety protocols are subject to change based on state, local and CDC guidelines and at the discretion of the Health and Safety Team.
Shady Hill offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off. Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. For more information on Shady Hill please visit us at www.shs.org.