Grade PreK-8 Theater Director
Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Newton, MA
Schechter Boston is looking for an inspiring and engaging Theater Director for the 2022-2023 school year. The theater director will direct 6 shows in total. Our program is performance based with strong performance expectations in a supportive, nurturing environment.
- Shows: Grades 1-3: 2 shows; Grades 4-5: 2 Musicals; Grade 6-7: 1 show; Grade 8: Hebrew Musical
- Rehearsals: Mon- Thurs at 3pm. Rehearsals range from 1.5 to 3 hours depending on age group. Additional rehearsals scheduled on some Sundays.
- Teaching: Drama classes for PreK and K during the school day.
- Work with classroom teachers on class performances.
- Advanced experience in directing musical productions with youth and children.
- A passion for teaching and directing youth and children.
- Fluent in Hebrew (preferred but not required).
- Innovative artistic vision and pursuit of artistic excellence.
- Ability to create a positive environment to bring out the best in each student actor and create a cohesive ensemble.
- Strong collaborative and leadership skills.
- Comfort taking on additional responsibilities include costume design, communication with parents etc.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
- We thrive to provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School:
Schechter Boston creates a Jewish educational experience where each child, 15 months through eighth grade, is known, belongs, is engaged and inspired. Faculty, staff and students at Schechter benefit from a highly collaborative, mutually supportive environment in which each person’s individual strengths are recognized and cultivated, and are vital to the success and learning of the community as a whole. Individuals who work at Schechter Boston must thrive in a culture that lives every day by the following cultural values:
- Believing there is no limit to better
- Providing honest and kind feedback
- Failing forward
- Leaning into complexity
- Being kinder than necessary
Accessible by public transportation:
Schechter is accessible by NewMo, a Newton-sponsored ridesharing service from the following stations: Newtonville Station (Commuter Rail- Worcester Line), Needham Heights Station (Commuter Rail- Needham Line) Chestnut Hill Station (MBTA Green Line-D), Newton Highlands Station (MBTA Green Line- D). NewMo lets you book a ride ($2/ride) from any of these stations to the Wells Avenue Business District, where the school is located.