Grade K-3 Special Education Teacher
Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Newton, MA
Schechter Boston is looking for a dynamic and engaging Special Education teacher for Grade K-3. This is a 0.6 FTE position, with the possibility of additional hours.
- Design, plan and implement curriculum accommodations and modifications for students on caseload.
- Prepare and implement differentiated instruction, activities and assessments that meet the needs of students on caseload
- Maintain and update learning plans, and share with grade level teams
- Build respectful relationships with students, and help them to stay actively involved in school.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for families if they have questions about the support their child is receiving from that provider, and encourage family involvement as needed
- Gather, collect, and organize information on students, including, but not limited to: observational data, transition notes, teacher/parent concerns, and any testing or evaluations
- Provide progress notes at designated intervals
- Keep track of and attend meetings with outside providers as needed; including, but not limited to IEP/504 meetings, private testers, outside service providers, etc.
- Attend all parent/teacher conferences of the students that are being directly serviced
- Ensure learning plan accommodations are being implemented by all teachers in the building for students on caseload
- Be a sounding board/ offer guidance in implementing activities that support student’s goals and other areas of need and in collecting data
- Implement social skills training approaches and programs as needed
- Support the transition of students within the classroom and building by using positive behavior supports, visuals, and developmentally appropriate interventions
- Organize daily schedule to meet caseload requirements
- Create and maintain a safe, organized, well-structured physical environment that is conducive to student learning
- Other duties as outlined by the Team Lead for Support
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- MA Teaching Certification, preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience teaching students, preferably as a special educator.
- Experience providing support to English Language Learners prefered
- Exemplary teaching skills.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- We thrive to provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School:
Schechter Boston creates a Jewish educational experience where each child, 15 months through eighth grade, is known, belongs, is engaged and inspired. Faculty, staff and students at Schechter benefit from a highly collaborative, mutually supportive environment in which each person’s individual strengths are recognized and cultivated, and are vital to the success and learning of the community as a whole. Individuals who work at Schechter Boston must thrive in a culture that lives every day by the following cultural values:
- Believing there is no limit to better
- Providing honest and kind feedback
- Failing forward
- Leaning into complexity
- Being kinder than necessary
Accessible by public transportation:
Schechter is accessible by NewMo, a Newton-sponsored ridesharing service from the following stations: Newtonville Station (Commuter Rail- Worcester Line), Needham Heights Station (Commuter Rail- Needham Line) Chestnut Hill Station (MBTA Green Line-D), Newton Highlands Station (MBTA Green Line- D). NewMo lets you book a ride ($2/ride) from any of these stations to the Wells Avenue Business District, where the school is located.