Grade 5 Homeroom, Math and Humanities Teacher
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Lesley Ellis School seeks Grade 5 Homeroom, Math and Humanities Teacher Maternity Leave, December 3, 2021 – mid-May, 2022
Lesley Ellis School (Preschool – Grade 8, Arlington, MA) seeks a full time Grade 5 history, math, literature group and homeroom teacher for a maternity leave. Responsibilities include teaching two sections of history, co-teaching a 5th grade math group, leading a leveled literature group, and sharing homeroom responsibilities with another team member. Strong candidates will have 5th and/or 6th grade teaching experience, ideally in an independent school. An advanced degree is preferred but not required. All candidates should possess a demonstrable passion for teaching, excellent communication skills, and the ability to engage and intellectually excite a wide range of students in their pursuit of learning.
- Implementation of rigorous curriculum that employs a variety of pedagogical approaches to support students’ learning styles.
- Close collaboration with the middle school team members and other faculty and staff. Ability to work collaboratively, as a member of a teaching cohort.
- Demonstration of a respect for diversity among faculty and students. Promotion of an environment that values diversity and social justice.
- Positive communication with parents, both formally and informally.
- Preparation of articulate and well-written narrative progress reports.
- Attendance at all-school events and faculty meetings.
B.A. or M.A. in Middle School Education, Humanities or related field
Experience teaching 5th or 6th-grade students
Demonstrated expertise in humanities curriculum implementation Temporary position. Competitive salary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to:
Deanne Benson, Head of School at email@example.comLesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer.