Girls’ Varsity Ice Hockey Head Coach
St. Mark’s School, Southborough, MA
St. Mark’s School in Southborough, MA is seeking a head coach for our girls’ varsity ice hockey team. This is a part-time position starting mid-November and ending the last Saturday of November. St. Mark’s enjoys a rich history in the sport of ice hockey and is a member of the Independent School League. The ideal candidate should have an extensive understanding of tactical aspects of ice hockey, have coaching experience, and a passion for helping teams and student-athletes reach their potential on and off the ice.
- Candidates should have both playing experience and at least 3-4 years of coaching experience at the high school and/or college level.
- Positively motivate, inspire, and serve as a role model to student-athletes
- Attract and recruit student-athletes and families to St. Mark’s who will contribute to the overall educational program of the school.
- Assist in the college placement process for student-athletes aspiring to play ice hockey at the next level.
- Manage a Monday-to-Saturday practice/game schedule, including travel to away opponents.
- Organize and conduct carefully planned practices that foster development and preparation.
- Build a strong team culture that values leadership, service, and our school’s values of RUSH (Respect, Understanding, Safety, Honesty)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Lauren Ames, Director of Athletics, email@example.com.
About St. Mark’s School:
St. Mark’s School is a co-ed, private boarding high school of approximately 375 students with a strong, college preparatory curriculum located 22 miles west of Boston and 12 miles east of Worcester. St. Mark’s School educates young people for lives of leadership and service. Founded in 1865 as an intentionally small residential community, the School challenges its students to develop their particular analytic and creative capabilities by both inspiring their academic and spiritual curiosity and kindling their passion for discovery. We value cooperation over self-interest, and we encourage all members of our community to explore their place in the larger world beyond our campus.
St. Mark’s School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.