Girls Varsity Basketball coach
Worcester Academy, Worcester, MA
Worcester Academy seeks a highly qualified head coach for our Girls’ Varsity Basketball program. Worcester Academy is a coeducational college-preparatory school of 500 students located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The position is responsible for directing, in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, all phases of the Interscholastic program. Candidates should have a previous high level of demonstrated experience at the collegiate and/or high school/prep school level.
Individuals must demonstrate effective coaching skills with a thorough knowledge of the game, assist in the hiring of an effective coaching staff and be able to implement game preparation and strategies for success. Head coach should exhibit strong motivational traits, be highly organized and be able to work in a collaborative, competitive environment.
The ideal candidate will invest in the individual development of each player, foster an understanding through sport of our community core values, offer support in the college recruitment process and contribute to the moral and ethical growth of our student-athlete.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing the physical and mental skill set of our student-athletes enabling them to excel both in the classroom and on the basketball court.
- Develop a strong sense and appreciation for hard work as well as commitment to team, program and school.
- Build a strong team culture that values leadership, responsibility, and respect that aligns with the Worcester Academy mission.
- Recruit student-athletes and families who value community and challenge and who will make contributions towards the overall mission of our school.
- Record team statistics on the Athletic web site and oversee the distribution and understanding of the Athletic Code of Conduct contract that all student-athletes and families are required to sign.
- Abide by the New England Prep School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) by-laws, attend all league meetings and stay connected with any changes or amendments.QUALIFICATIONS:Education
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Coaching experience at Interscholastic/Intercollegiate level desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Flexible team player
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head of School, Athletic Director, or other appropriate Administrators