Chapel Hill – Chauncy Hall School, Waltham, MA
The Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is seeking a creative, progressively minded, and hard-working individual to teach French beginning in the 2022-23 school year. As a school that embraces Multiple Intelligences philosophy, we seek teachers who work diligently to reach all learners and believe, as we do, that it is not “how smart you are” but rather “how you are smart.” This position will consist of teaching three courses, serving as a student advisor, as well as participating in one season of our co-curricular program. Please note, this position is considered .8 full-time, and the employee will be eligible for benefits through the school.
Our students are required to complete two consecutive years of language study with a focus in the first two years on communication and cultural competency.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A creative and progressive approach to teaching and learning
- Strong ability to build positive rapport with students
- Willingness to work hard and have fun
- Prior teaching experience in French
- Experience with acquisition based language teaching & Comprehensible Input pedagogy
- An academic background, and preferably immersive experience, in French
- Willingness to engage in diversity, equity, and inclusion work as a teacher, advisor, and in other roles
- Ability to contribute to our co-curricular programming
For more information about Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall, please visit our website at www.chch.org.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Josh Bubar, Assistant Head of School, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School, 785 Beaver Street, Waltham, MA 02452. Email at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is an equal opportunity employer.