First-Grade Classroom Parental Leave Teacher
Cambridge Friends School, Cambridge, MA
Cambridge Friends School, a pre-kindergarten through eighth-grade Quaker School located in Cambridge, Massachusetts is seeking a first-grade parental leave classroom teacher for the Spring Semester starting in March 2022. Cambridge Friends school is a mission-driven school with a commitment to project-based, experiential learning. Guided by the six Quaker Testimonies of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship, Cambridge Friends School focuses on educating the whole child in an environment that best positions the child for success. Guided by our mission, we are dedicated to social justice and equity. We engage students in meaningful academic learning within a caring community strongly committed to social justice.
A successful candidate will be knowledgeable in developmentally and grade-appropriate content and pedagogy, and a collaborative educator. Candidates should be committed to culturally responsive teaching that makes meaningful connections between students’ identities and life experiences and their learning and be invested in the School’s ongoing anti-bias efforts. A successful candidate will carry out all responsibilities necessary to teach in our small, inclusive school, and will participate richly and fully in the life of the School. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s in Education, Early Childhood, or a related field (Masters preferred), and experience teaching Lower School-aged students.
- 3+ years experience preferred teaching elementary school children
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of the developmental needs of first-graders
- Able to use a variety of instructional strategies to meet the needs of all ability levels, with a particular focus on project-based curriculum
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Reading and Writing Workshop models
- Familiarity with the TERC: Investigations in Numbers, Data, and Space math curriculum
- Demonstrated knowledge of “best practices” in teaching and learning
- Ability and desire to challenge and support students at all levels
- Familiarity with the use of formative assessments to inform instruction
- Proficiency with the purposeful use of digital technologies
- Committed to collaborating and working as part of a team
- Evidence of strong, positive student and classroom management
- Familiarity with Responsive Classroom practices
- Commitment to professional development and ongoing learning
- Able to communicate effectively with parents, both in person and in writing
- Committed to the creation and sustainability of an inclusive, antiracist, antihomophobic, equitable learning environment for all students.
It is Cambridge Friends School’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, identity, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
email@example.com with “First-Grade Classroom Parental Leave Teacher” in the subject line.