Accredited by NEASC
Administrator / Part-Time
Crossroads Academy, Lyme, NH
Contract Position: 16 hours a week
Fiscal responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Creates and administers the school’s operating and capital budgets and 3-year model to meet annual and long term objectives as determined by the Board of Trustees in accordance with the School’s strategic plan
- Accounts for the financial activities of the School in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Prepares and presents periodic financial reports to the Head of School, Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and other committees or funders, as needed
- Maintains appropriate internal controls
- Protects the School through risk management and by maintaining adequate insurance coverage
- Stays abreast of requirements of and complies with laws impacting independent schools
- Prepares year end reports for the annual independent audit, workers’ compensation, and Form 990 and coordinate filing of 5500 with the 403b administrators
- Works with the Financial Aid Committee on determining financial aid awards and tracking actual awards against the budget.
- Prepares and uploads Finance Committee meeting materials and Board Meeting materials, as needed
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Manager and bookkeeper, maintains policies and procedures manual for Business Office
- Coordinates donations of securities
- Works with the Head of School to determine salary payments to all employees within the Board approved budget.
- Completes all journal entries, and initiates draw downs and money transfers within Board approved budget and to ensure sufficient funds in accounts.
- Applies and renews certificates with Charitable Trusts and NH Department of State to ensure School maintains status as a charitable organization.
Hours and Attendance:
- Work from home with prior approval from the Head of School
Elementary, Middle School