Field Hockey Assistant Coach
Austin Preparatory School, Reading, MA
Austin Prep, a Catholic independent school located in Reading, Massachusetts about 15 mile north of Boston invites nominations, expressions of interest and applications for the Field Hockey Assistant Coach position, beginning the Fall of 2023. The position reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Coach.
The Department of Athletics at Austin Preparatory School is seeking a part-time Assistant Field Hockey Coach for the 2023-2024 school year. The assistant coach provides administrative, instructional and support services under the direction of the Head Field Hockey Coach. Austin Prep is a member of the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC).
Assist with all aspects of the Austin Prep Field Hockey Program and serve as the primary Head Coach for the Junior Varsity Program.
- Previous experience playing or coaching the sport; college level preferred.
- Knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, and members of the school community.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with students and their families, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Must serve as a role model to students with a positive attitude.
- Personal commitment to excellence and the mission of the school.
- Experience and/or demonstrated success in supervising young adults and managing programs preferred.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and other non-traditional schedules.
- CPR and First Aid certification a plus.
- Must successfully complete a CORI (Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information) form
While performing the duties of this job, the coach is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear. The coach is regularly required to bend, stoop, crouch and/or kneel. The coach is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and copy of any certifications to Mr. Patrick Driscoll ’97, Director of Athletics and Summer Programs, email@example.com.
Interested in joining Austin Prep full-time? Check out our openings!
Director of Development