Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent Early Childhood–Grade 12 Quaker school for girls in Providence, Rhode Island. We are currently seeking a full-time Family and Community Engagement Coordinator. The Family and Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for cultivating relationships and fostering community through events and programming with the wide Lincoln community.
This 12-month, full-time role is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and innovative professional with strong communication and project management skills who enjoys being a connector of people and possibilities. The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to build community and engagement, leveraging a broad range of skills with a high degree of initiative in managing a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. This position collaborates closely with the Head of School, and the offices of Admission, Advancement, Athletics, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), the four Divisions Directors, and the Lincoln School Parents Association.
Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
Description of responsibilities
- Become immersed in the fast-paced, innovative school community; identify ways to build connections between students, parents, families, alumnae, faculty and staff, trustees, and friends to meet strategic goals of constituent engagement.
- Collaborate with internal departments, committees, community members, and volunteers to facilitate the coordination of events.
- Serve as a liaison between event sponsors, organizers, contractors and vendors, and School administrators to ensure events align with the identified goals, institutional mission, priorities, and relevant policies.
- Identify and pursue partnership opportunities for community events and liaise with organizers. Propose and conduct new initiatives and one-off events.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with special events and other activities aligning with the school’s opportunities for community engagement.
- Participate in the implementation of the communications and marketing plans for each event.
- Identify opportunities to amplify the stories of our various constituents and the institution as a whole.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and timelines for events and ensure alignment between the events calendar and the annual content calendar.
- Assist in maintaining and developing content to support the annual content calendar, including written, photo, and video content for web, emails, newsletters, blog posts, social media, videos and other communications vehicles.
- Continually assess goals and effectiveness of events and identify new opportunities that help us reach our goals each year related to constituent engagement.
- Other duties as assigned. Occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
Skills and competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to make people feel valued and motivated while accomplishing difficult tasks. Flexibility in the face of rapid change.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Public speaking skills and comfortable working with groups, (small and large).
- Exceptional visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with G Suite is preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent amount of education and applicable professional work experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3-5 references to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. Lincoln School is committed to building an equitable and inclusive educational community. Applicants are requested to address in their cover letter how they will work with us to further this goal.
For more information on Lincoln School, visit our website at lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.