Facilities Team Member
Lincoln Academy, Newcastle, ME
Lincoln Academy is looking for a qualified individual as a Facilities Team Member. This is a full-time, year round position. Under general supervision of the Director of Facilities the team member will perform skilled and semi-skilled work in a variety of building maintenance trades and custodial tasks in the upkeep of school buildings, facilities and equipment. The team member must be able to work independently or with a small crew engaged in performing building interior/exterior maintenance work, and to perform other work as assigned. All applicants must be able to perform these typical tasks:
- Perform tasks including basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall, and other related activities
- Operate a variety of specialized hand and power tools related to maintenance work
- Drive school maintenance and transportation vehicles
- Assure compliance with building, health and safety codes and standards
- Respond to work orders as necessary
- Custodial duties include, but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, disposal of trash, moving furniture, cleaning, operating necessary equipment and shoveling snow.
- Communicate with team members and school staff, regarding upcoming and ongoing projects
- Perform other maintenance and custodial duties as assigned
- Applicants must take pride in their work and be able to prioritize tasks at hand.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Valid Maine Driver’s License and be insurable in order to operate school vehicles
- All applicants will be required to complete a background check
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Schedule: Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, with occasional hours for special events which may include weekends.