Acera School, Winchester, MA
Acera: The Massachusetts School of Science, Creativity and Leadership
Winchester, MA (8 miles north of Boston) 5 Lowell Avenue
At Acera, students explore and learn at a pace appropriate to each child’s unique motivation and potential, not their age. Our culture is not about pressure to achieve; it is about freedom to thrive. We support our students’ innate curiosity and love of learning. Through developing EQ, complex and creative thinking skills, and systems awareness, we develop thinkers and innovators who will be able to make positive change in our world. Contact email@example.com
We seek to hire an experienced facilities manager to wrangle our building and playground needs and initiatives while partnering with our administrative team to time our facility’s needs to be executed with minimal disruption to our students’ learning. This person will need strong organization and problem-solving skills to think creatively about storage solutions for our vibrant hands-on learning environment. The ideal candidate has experience with project management for large-scale construction and maintenance, and also the skills to execute small to medium-sized improvement projects on their own–and good judgment on what projects get contracted out. The job hours may vary based on vendor appointments and some evenings and weekends will be required to support school events.
- Ensure that the facility is fully operational with all utilities functioning properly
- Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work
- Help identify, plan and manage improvement projects for building, playground, etc
- Oversee day to day cleaning and maintenance
- Lead point on storage strategy for curriculum supplies in shared Maker/woodshop space.
- Maintain ongoing communication and relationships with contractors and vendors, and with Acera director team
- Possess DIY/Home improvement desire and hands-on skills to execute small to medium sized building projects
- Partner with Operations Assistant for trash/recycling and clean-up mission that is kid-facing
- Attend condo association meetings with our Operations Director/School Director.
- Be the point person for parking for parent and community events
- Organize fall and spring school clean up events for families and students
- Ability to take on project management, bid process and oversight for larger construction projects
- 3-5 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a problem solver/solution seeker
- A collaborative spirit both with external vendors and Acera faculty/staff
- Experience with procurement and negotiation for vendor contracts
Salary & Benefits:
- Year round position, full time, 40 hours a week.
- Federal/State holidays off, four weeks off for school holiday closures: 2 weeks in December, 1 week February, 1 week April.
- Health, dental and vision benefits available, SIMPLE IRA.
- 2 weeks of accrued vacation time.
- School-aged children of full time employees are able to attend Acera’s after school and summer programs free of charge.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated start date: Jan 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer
Acera is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Conditions of Offer:
You must provide documentation of a completed COVID vaccination series.
All offers of employment are contingent upon CORI, SORI, and fingerprint-based background checks, as required by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), our company is required to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Therefore, if you accept this position, you will be required to complete a Form I-9 upon hire. Within 3 days of beginning employment, you will need to supply acceptable documentation days of beginning employment, you will need to supply acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) of your identity and work authorization.