Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Kingsley Montessori School is a toddler through sixth grade independent school of 300 students in Boston’s historic Back Bay. Our mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens. We seek candidates who will reflect and support the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Kingsley’s high standards of professionalism are maintained through supportive and ongoing supervision and evaluation, development, and growth.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The Executive Assistant to the Head of School is a dynamic position that requires an open-minded, flexible, and proactive attitude. This role involves a heavy volume of electronic, personal, and telephone contact and demands a high level of professionalism, public relations, problem solving, and computer literacy as well as the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner. This position reports directly to the Head of School (HOS) while also providing occasional support for the Associate Head of School/Chief Financial & Operating Officer (AHOS/CFO), and the Assistant Head of School for the Academic Program (AHOS-AP). This position also supports the two Education Directors as needed in coordination with the Operations Support Team. This role requires impeccable organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects with similar deadlines concurrently. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with full benefits with the hours of 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and has occasional evening commitments.
Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of office experience or equivalent required. Experience as administrative assistant to a senior administrator or significant operations or project management experience required, with the acquired knowledge and experience to handle multiple priorities, visitors and callers in a professional, polished manner. Public relations or customer service experience is essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and impeccable attention to detail expected. Extensive experience with database systems in a network environment and software including Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Mail and Docs. Experience with or ability to learn other software systems.
- Oversees the HOS’s calendar and organizes meetings and appointments.
- Prepares Board of Trustee meetings and materials and manages communications.
- Researches and resolves questions, concerns, and related issues of the broader community promptly and thoughtfully.
- Partners with the Parent Association for planning and logistical purposes.
- Assists teachers, parents, trustees, and students with needs or questions.
- Ensures records (database and hardcopy) are kept current and secure.
- Coordinates events, correspondence, and meetings with parents, faculty, administrators, and trustees.
- Creates and updates a calendar of events and important dates.
- Adds events to calendars, including the school website calendar, the internal School calendar, and any applicable personal calendars.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching to administrative assistants throughout the School.
- Supports the AHOS/CFO with operational and administrative oversight of school operations.
- Partners with the AHOS/CFO to oversee Maintenance Support Staff and to manage building operations and safety protocols, available to tour facilities personnel as needed.
- Maintains purchasing procedures, standards, and documentation across all faculty and admin. assistants.
- Maintains a record of employee attendance with support from admin assistants.
- Gathers and assembles emergency documentation and inspection records, working with the admin assistants.
- Processes and categorizes all incoming job applications, creates and manages the hiring process with the Assistant Head of School for the Academic Program and Education Directors.
- Partners with hiring committees to ensure employee onboarding is exemplary.
- Maintains and audits the Blackbaud (My Kingsley) database as needed, provides support on the platforms for the entire faculty.
- Coordinates school events with the Elementary, Early Childhood, and Head of School’s offices, as well as the
Advancement and Admission offices; events include opening events, Grandfriends’ Day, Admission Visit Days, and closing exercises.