Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: February 2023
Reports to: Head of School
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support by organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging, and analyzing information for the Head of School and supports the schedule of the Chief Learning Officer. The Executive Assistant serves as a source of information for students, parents, faculty, Board of Trustees, and visitors and assures the smooth operation of day-to-day activities of the office.
Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent is required with at least five years of administrative support experience, preferably with some experience in an executive office. In addition, the Executive Assistant to the Head will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community;
- Strong proficiency in Google environment, Excel, and database programs;
- Highly organized with multi-tasking capability;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Meeting and event management experience;
- Executive calendar management;
- Discretion working with confidential and sensitive information;
- Work in a collegial manner with co-workers and community members;
- Support and enable the Head to manage time effectively;
- Work to build and maintain overall morale of those within the institution;
- Maintain professional boundaries in regard to the handling of privileged information;
- Work a flexible schedule, including an occasional evening, weekend, or early morning
Salary Range: $85,000 – $95,000
Salary is determined by skills and experience. Compensation includes a 403(b) plan with up to a 10% match of salary and other perks. Benefits offered to eligible employees include health & dental insurance; an HSA plan; commuter benefits; long-term disability insurance, and more.
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement, and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.