Executive Assistant to the CFO/COO
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: CFO/COO
BB&N is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CFO/COO. The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support by organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging, and analyzing information for the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer. The Executive Assistant supports the CFO/COO, manages the day-to-day operations of the Business Office, and serves as the family liaison to manage the suburban transportation program.
- Understand and anticipate the CFO/COO’s needs including the preparation and scheduling of all activities;
- Timely email and calendar management, including responding to all meeting invitations and independently resolving scheduling conflicts;
- Coordinate schedules, agendas, and details for the four Board Committees which fall under the responsibility of the CFO/COO including, attending meetings, drafting agendas/minutes and contact lists, and other related documents;
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for all CFO/COO-related meetings and activities, including travel;
- As Office Manager for the Business Office maintain supplies, organize team meetings, and support team members in addition to other tasks as assigned;
- Serve as transportation manager for the suburban transportation program; specific duties include registering, managing, and communicating with transportation families as well as coordinating with the school’s transportation team;
- Act as liaison for the CFO/COO within the school community;
- Draft letters for signature based on notes or other direction given;
- Work with the Director of HR to screen and facilitate effective hiring processes;
- Support the Director of HR in various ways including events, new hire orientation, and other ways.
- Efficiently support the goals of the school in a variety of unanticipated ways.
Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent is required with at least five years of administrative support experience, preferably with some experience in an executive office. In addition, the Executive Assistant to the CFO/COO will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community;
- Strong proficiency in Google environment including Word, Excel, and database programs;
- Highly organized with multi-tasking capability;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Meeting and event management experience;
- Executive calendar management;
- Discretion in working with confidential and sensitive information;
- Work in a collegial manner with co-workers and community members;
- Support and enable the CFO/COO to manage time effectively;
- Use independent judgment in performing the responsibilities of the position;
- Make sound choices in ambiguous situations and solve issues with reason and calm in times of crisis;
- Serve as a reliable and trusted partner with high integrity;
- Contribute positively to the overall morale of those within the institution;
- Work a flexible schedule, including an occasional evening, weekend, or early morning;
- Approach work with perspective and levity.
About Buckingham Browne & Nichols:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Buckingham Browne & Nichols is a day school that engages students in grades Pre-K through 12 in a rich and invigorating educational experience of the highest quality. The school excels at helping students discover their unique talents and passions and develop those strengths to the fullest. The curriculum is challenging, forward-thinking, innovative, and flexible, designed to help qualified students, from a range of backgrounds and with a wide spectrum of talents and interests, reach new levels of accomplishment. Co-curricular opportunities in athletics, the arts, community service, and other areas add important dimensions to students’ learning. Students learn on three age and developmentally appropriate campuses. At every grade, BB&N takes full advantage of the range of opportunities its locations afford.
BB&N is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. This commitment is integral to the mission and vision of the School. BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. At BB&N, we value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all. The different perspectives and experiences of our students define the fabric of our community and contribute to the growth of the individuals who call BB&N their alma mater and shape the classroom and extracurricular experiences. To have classmates and friends who are different from oneself, to come to truly know the background, experiences, and beliefs of a new friend is to learn more deeply about oneself and our world. There is no more important attribute in the preparation for global citizenship.
The vibrancy and vitality we feel in the classrooms, hallways, stages and playing fields of BB&N derive from the people who are here. At its root are the varied interests and experiences, the different backgrounds, cultures, religions, views, and perspectives that our students and faculty bring to their classes and families bring to myriad activities. Each of us adds to the richness of another’s experience. Working and playing together teaches us lifelong lessons about appreciating, knowing and understanding, and learning from each other.
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, and Reference List. Please include your connection to BB&N’s mission and values in your cover letter.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job-related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.