Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
POSITION OPENING: Executive Assistant
SHORE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Beverly, MA)
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, On Campus
Reports to: Head of School
Using PDF format, please send a resumé and a cover letter describing how you meet the below criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support by coordinating, scheduling, researching, compiling, and analyzing information for the Head of School and supporting the schedule of the Director of Instruction and Inclusion. The Executive Assistant serves as a source of information for students, families, employees, the Board of Trustees, and visitors and ensures the smooth operation of the school. The Executive Assistant is a trusted partner maintaining confidentiality around highly sensitive information, always exhibiting the highest level of professional integrity.
In living out our Equity and Inclusion Commitment, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds, abilities, and lived experiences to apply, including candidates of color, candidates who are members of the LGBTQ+ community, neurodivergent candidates, multilingual candidates, and other candidates from historically underrepresented communities.
- Understand and anticipate the Head of School’s and Director of Instruction and Inclusion’s needs regarding preparation for and scheduling of all activities
- Anticipate and monitor constituent relationships to identify opportunities for the Head of School to maximize presence within the community
- Collaborate with colleagues on managing high priority events (e.g. Graduation)
- Manage the school’s Master Calendar, including resolving scheduling conflicts
- Coordinate filing, photocopying, and other necessary office work
- Maintain school associated memberships (e.g. NAIS)
- Attend Board Meetings (in person, virtual, and hybrid), arrange all logistics including scheduling and notifications, and maintain official Board records (e.g. meeting minutes)
- Attend other meetings and perform other duties as requested by the Head of School
Skills and Competencies:
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Strong proficiency in email, calendaring, spreadsheet, and database programs
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- At least 3 years of successful administrative support experience, preferably in an executive office
Shore Country Day School (Boston Metropolitan area) is a Pre-K – Grade 9 independent day school serving students of all social identities. Our commitment to anti-racist and culturally responsive teaching, staff, and administrative practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Shore Community. All employees are supported through mentoring, significant professional development opportunities, and a culture of intentionality for individual belonging and innovation.
- Video of Shore leaders discussing worklife, courtesy of Strategenius
- Employment page with Videos of Shore teachers and students
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Shore Country Day School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and train