Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. At Milton we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world, and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
Plan, implement and evaluate a broad range of events to advance the strategic fundraising and alumni and parent relations goals of Milton Academy. Ensure that the department’s 40+ events are branded, purposeful, strategic, and high quality, and that they successfully engage prospective and current donors, alumni, and parents. In collaboration with the director of alumni and parent engagement and with partnership from the senior engagement officer, the events manager will evaluate the success of the event program as a key component of Milton’s engagement strategy, refining and expanding programming accordingly.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Advance the success of Milton’s fundraising and engagement programs through a robust and proactive in person, virtual, and hybrid events program.
- Manage all aspects of planning and implementing events (ranging in size, scope, and format), including annual regional alumni/parent events, cultivation/solicitation dinners, celebration events, and small niche events.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders within and across departments; ensure events are marketed to appropriate constituents; in partnership with the communications team, write content for communications and strategize channels of communication to reach all audiences.
- Plan, organize, and execute all logistical dimensions of Reunion Weekend, attended by 700+ graduates. Oversee event planning and execution including vendor selection, event promotion, programming, guest registration, and staff and volunteer management; maintain strong partnership with senior engagement officer tasked with the alumni-experience portion of the weekend.
- Establish an annual events calendar with input from key colleagues and the Development and Alumni Relations leadership team.
- Promote information sharing, best practices, and creative and innovative techniques to ensure a successful event
The Events Manager should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Prior event management experience
- Five + years of event experience in an educational setting is preferred
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication and time management skills, ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to give and receive feedback
- A commitment to cultivating an anti-oppression mindset within themselves and others
- Milton Academy alumni are encouraged to apply