Kents Hill School, Readfield, ME
This position, with a start date of August 15, 2024, will join a progressive English Department dedicated to skill development in critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication, as well as the exploration of character and reflection. This full-time teaching position will also advise a group of students, actively participate in the residential life program, and assist with extracurricular activities.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Accomplished in the classroom with at least 5 years of relative teaching or classroom experience, including at the Advanced Placement level.
- Passionate about teaching students and sharing their love for literature and writing.
- Dedicated to student-centered inquiry and teaching the writing process.
- Committed to developing in all Kents Hill students the kinds of sophisticated problem-solving and critical-thinking strategies needed for success beyond secondary education.
- Excited to actively collaborate in the 4D curriculum through course design, pedagogy, and assessment.
- Poised to propose and create new courses.
- Culturally competent with skills for engaging with and learning from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Committed to the entire boarding school student experience and excited to engage with students both inside and outside of the classroom. Typically, this includes:
- Living in a campus residence and participating in all aspects of residential life.
- Advising a group of students.
- Involvement in afternoon and extracurricular activities.