Thayer Academy, Braintree, MA
Thayer Academy’s Upper School seeks a student-focused collaborator to teach in its Upper School English Department. This full-time position includes instructing four classes, advising a small group of students, and participating in the life of the school with students through coaching and/or supervising student activities. This position is a salaried, exempt, full-time, regular, 10-month position. Upper School teachers report to the Upper School Dean of Faculty.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Teach four sections in the English department, which focuses its curriculum on developing strong communicators
- Advise a group of 7-8 students
- Contribute to the school community as an athletic coach (preferred) and/or leader of student activities
- Apply inclusive classroom practices that value the humanity of all students
- Participate in professional growth opportunities
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an English or related field
- 3-5 years teaching experience at the high school level
- Passion for working with adolescents
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the classroom, in curriculum, and in relationships with members of the school community
- High level of comfort and experience with technology in a educational setting
- Willingness to work on a team in a collaborative department
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, their families, and colleagues
Thayer encourages applications from candidates who support the Academy’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three to five references, including two present or past supervisors.