Miss Hall’s School, Pittsfield, MA
Applications Accepted Starting 1/18/23
Application Review Starting 2/1/23
Miss Hall’s School seeks a full-time English Teacher for the 2023-24 school year. This position includes teaching all levels, from 9th- and 10th-grade foundational courses to advanced seminars, which are developed based on teacher expertise and student interest. We seek candidates who will add to the curriculum, enrich the lives of our students, and contribute to the community in a variety of ways. Miss Hall’s School is committed to diversifying its faculty and encourages applicants who are committed to bringing a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to their work.
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross-cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least two years of teaching experience at the high school or college level
- Knowledge of and comfort in teaching all literary genres
- Willingness to participate in curricular design, collaborating with colleagues within and across departments
- Experience teaching the writing process to students with varying learning styles
- Demonstrated commitment to working with students of varied academic levels, learning styles, and interests.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and to serving a diverse, global community
- Demonstrated ability to integrate classroom technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Commitment to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values
Salary benchmarked with NAIS medians and commensurate with experience